To increase geological and metallogenic understanding of the sector and to recommend favourable zones for gold exploration.
Purpose of the Operation
- To increase geological and metallogenic understanding of the sector;
- To recommend favourable zones for gold exploration.
The mandate was carried out by the exploration company Les Ressources Komet Inc. in Northeastern Burkina Faso. One gold mining operation and artisanal mining activities were being carried out in the study zone. Challenges
- Little in terms of recent geological data;
- Remoted desert region.
Need for improving geological and metallogenic understanding aimed at identifying targets for gold
● To improve geological understanding (structural architecture, lithostratigraphic context, geotectonic evolution); ● To improve metallogenic understanding (gitological models); ● To orient exploration by proposing targets for gold.
Solution Implemented by Effigis
Remote Mapping. Analysis Based on:
- Multispectral satellite images (ASTER and Landsat8);
- Airborne geophysics (magnetic and radiometric data);
- Topography (SRTM).