- Salary: According to experience
- Employment Duration: Permanent, full time
- Date Published: June 10, 2019
- Location: Montreal or Quebec-city (remote work possible)
Known for its leadership in the field of geomatics, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial data-driven solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We propel and commercialize FieldApex, a fertilizer management platform that facilitates decision-making while maximizing agricultural profitability. This is achieved by harnessing the power of artificial intelligence and interconnected data from multiple platforms. Accurate, trusted, and simple, our platform complements the tools currently on the market and aims to interconnect with leading precision agriculture platforms.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of more than 170 seasoned professionals and technicians. GIS Specialists, Engineers, Programmers, Agronomists, Geographers, Geologists, Technicians and Surveyors: their talent and passion are the key to Effigis’ success.
Your challenge is to help developing user interfaces of a web and mobile app for fertilizer in the agriculture industry. The app aims to make agriculture more profitable and sustainable thanks to technologies such as artificial intelligence, massive data and imagery. As a front-end developer, your challenges will be:
- To design user-friendly and stylish interfaces;
- To implement interface components;
- To develop automated tests for each component;
- To assist in the design of an effective architecture;
- To take part in code review;
- To stay abreast of emerging technologies.
2 to 3 years of relevant experience
College degree or undergraduate studies in software development
- Very good knowledge of React and good practices;
- Very good knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Good knowledge of REST APIs;
- Good knowledge of authentication mechanisms like JWT;
- Experience with Git;
- Experience with GIS tools (Google Map, MapBox, ArcGis) and polygon tracing, an asset;
- Experience with Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD, an asset;
- Experience with Laravel, Node.js ou Python, an asset.
- Independent thinker;
- Deep commitment to quality, reliability, scalability, and maintainability;
- Egoless but assertive personality;
- Feels free to ask questions and points out own errors;
- Focused on results.
- Work-family compromise with flexible hours;
- Group insurance (life, salary, health care and dental insurances);
- Training program;
- Partial reimbursement of physical activity classes;
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season;
- Coffee bar;
- Dynamic, professional team;
- Easy access to public transport (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25 for the Montreal office);
- On site: fitness center, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services (for the Montreal office).
How to apply
Please answer the following mandatory questions when sending us your resume.
- Describe in less than four lines the project you are most proud of and have done outside of work.
- In five words, describe your personality.
- What are the two main qualities that your workplace should have?
- List the URLs of the web communities of which you are an active member or the platforms where you share knowledge (reddit, medium, personal blog, git, Facebook / LinkedIn group, etc.)