- Salary: To be discussed according to experience
- Employment Duration: Temporary, 6 months, with the possibility for renewal
- Date Published: January 14, 2019
- Location: Montreal
Recognized for its leadership in geomatics, since 1991, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions, earth observation services, infrastructure surveys, surveillance of telecommunication networks, GNSS software, geological studies. We offer our customers a one-stop-shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are also an employer of choice and we focus on the development and well-being of our employees. Our company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of more than 180 experienced professionals and technicians, geomatics specialists, engineers, computer scientists, land surveyors, geographers and geologists. Their talent and passion are the key to Effigis’ success.
Working under the supervision of the Earth Observation Operations Coordinator, the Technician, Image Processing, will perform satellite image and aerial photo editing work for a variety of aerospace, environmental, consulting engineering and geology projects. The incumbent will work closely with an image processing specialist within a multidisciplinary team composed primarily of geomatics specialists and geologists.
- Enhance and edit satellite images using Photoshop according to customer specifications;
- Mosaic images from different satellite sensors and with various acquisition dates;
- Balance the colors between images so as to obtain uniform mosaics;
- Correct visual anomalies and imperfections;
- Rate the visual quality of images;
- Perform quality checks on data received, in production, and deliverables.
1 year of experience in image processing
- College diploma in computer graphics/graphic design, photography or equivalent;
- College diploma in geomatics with a good knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop ;
- Good visual perception and colors;
- Attention to detail, meticulous and precision of execution;
- Effectiveness in meeting deadlines and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Organizational skills; able to plan current tasks and balancing productivity and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of geomatics concepts an asset.
- Work-family balance, including flexible hours;
- Coffee bar;
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro, bus line 25);
- Bike parking and shower
- Nearby: fitness centre, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services;
- Dynamic and professional team.