- Salary: To be discussed commensurate with experience
- Employment Duration: Permanent, Full time
- Date Published: October 29, 2018
- Location: Montreal
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geo-information needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 150 seasoned professionals and technicians. Talents and passion among our geomatics specialists, engineers, programmers, surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Under the responsibility of the Scientific Manager – GNSS, you will be involved in the development and maintenance of web, mobile and geospatial data management solutions at all levels of the stack of application components (full-stack developer).
Reporting to Scientific Chief – GNSS, you will carry out development work on web solutions with geospatial data management.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Participating in writing functional specifications for the modules to be developed;
- Suggest innovative designs;
- Design, develop and maintain applications and libraries for existing and new code;
- Design database diagrams representing processes;
- Analyze and optimize code to improve efficiency (speed, scalability) and security (data protection);
- Create, manage and run unit tests on the code before submitting to QA;
- Keep abreast of best practices and new technologies.
- Web services (ASP.NET, Web API);
- Mobile applications (Android).
- .NET Framework, Windows, IIS ;
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Xamarin, XCode, Java ;
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL ;
- Subversion, Redmine.
- 5 years of experience in an Object Oriented Programmer Analyst position
- Bachelor in computer science or equivalent
- Good command of French
- Good knowledge of back-end technologies such as web server configuration, database administration, security principles and session management;
- Net, C#;
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
- Ruby, PHP
- Understanding of REST architecture
- Knowledge of gematics and open tools and standards of OGC (GeoServer, WMS
- Passion and interest for the web
- Team work
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Capability to adapt
- Work-family compromise, particularly flexible hours
- Group insurance (life, salary, health and dental insurances)
- ''Health'' program with partial reimbursement of physical activities
- Training program
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season
- Coffee bar
- Dynamic, professional team
- Easy access to public transport (Préfontaine metro, bus line 25)
- On site: fitness center, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services