- Salary: To be discussed commensurate with experience
- Work Hours: 37.5/week
- Employment Duration: Permanent, Full time
- Date Published: October 3, 2018
- Location: Montreal
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geo-information needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 160 seasoned professionals and technicians. Talents and passion among our geomatics specialists, engineers, programmers, surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator—Earth Observation, the photogrammatrist will be assigned to geomatics projects, primarily in the area of photogrammetry, but also to all projects involving the use of satellite, aerial and drone imagery.
Position to be filled as soon as possible.
- Extract elements using stereoscopy; structure data; prepare deliverables according to specifications;
- Orthorectify satellite images and ensure that they meet quality standards;
- Perform daily monitoring of ongoing projects and ensure compliance with production deadlines;
- Discuss image processing and stereoscopic modeling techniques;
- Analyze problems and set up appropriate solutions;
- Monitor result quality throughout the projects;
- Validate that final results match the quotations;
- Participate in the preparation of technical reports and work procedures;
- Analyze opportunities to optimize work and automate tasks;
- Share expertise on geoscientific data;
- Keep an eye on the technological advances and trends.
4 years in the field of geomatics, including 2 years in photogrammetry
Bachelor degree in geomatics or equivalent
- Excellent vision in a stereoscopic restitution context;
- Experience in the stereoscopic entry of topographical elements;
- Knowledge of Socet GXP, Socet Set and Summit Evolution photogrammetry software, a major asset;
- Knowledge of Micro Station, ArcGIS et PCI Geomatica softwares, a major asset;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Command of French and English.
Excellent teamwork skills
Effigis offers permanent employees a range of benefits:
- Work-family balance, in particular flex hours
- Group insurance (life-insurance, salary, health and dental)
- Training program
- “Health” program with partial reimbursement for physical activities
- Paid days during the holiday season
- Espresso bar
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine Metro line, Bus 25)
- Near the site: a fitness centre, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services
- Dynamic and professional team.