- Employment Duration: Contractual
- Date Published: August 30, 2019
- Location: Hamilton and Toronto
Effigis, renowned leader in the georeferenced inventory of telecommunications and energy network infrastructure, is currently seeking candidates to support its activities in Ontario.
Known for its leadership in the geospatial industry, Effigis has been offering innovative solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. We have our head office in Montreal and regional offices in Quebec City, Toronto and Kimberley BC. The company is supported by a multi-disciplinary team of over 200 professionals and technicians. Talents and passion among our GIS experts, engineers, programmers, professional surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Working under the authority of the Supervisor, the Field Surveyor collect data on pole lines and is responsible for performing the following tasks, in full or in part :
- Travel to the network locations in a car or by foot;
- Collect data on pole lines;
- Capture GPS position of the poles;
- Use a laptop computer or a tablet to enter and transfer information captured onsite;
- May involve additional related tasks.
No previous experience required
No prerequisite requirements, although education in the fields of geospatial, land surveying, topography or forestry will be considered an asset.
- Available to work various shifts in different regions of Ontario;
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Ability to work well with minimum supervision;
- Methodic, meticulous and precise;
- Ability to work outdoors in any weather condition;
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment;
- Good at problem-solving and at decision-making;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Specific training on software and tools used for project;
- Opportunity to work for a company where employee development and well-being is a prime consideration;
- Project-specific health and safety training;
- Advancement opportunities;
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- Use of corporate vehicles for work;
- Corporate work clothing provided.