- Salary: To be discussed
- Employment Duration: Temporary, full time
- Date Published: February 20, 2019
- Location: Across Québec
Effigis, renowned leader in the georeferencial inventory of telecommunications and energy network infrastructures, as well as the inspection and structural inventory of wooden poles, is currently seeking candidates to support its activities in Québec.
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 170 seasoned professionals and technicians. Talents and passion among our geomaticians, engineers, programmers, surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Working under the authority of the team manager, the Inspector – Maneuvers conducts the visual inspection of wooden poles and is responsible for performing the following tasks, in full or in part:
- Daily travel for fieldwork (in a car or on foot) to the network locations;
- Conduct a visual inspection of the wooden poles;
- Take measurements with the help of an optical rangefinder (laser);
- Use a laptop computer or a tablet to enter and transmit information captured onsite;
- Make conclusions regarding the structure’s general quality through the help of software;
- Treat the wooden poles if necessary, by drilling them to insert fungicides;
- May involve additional related tasks.
- No previous experience required
- No prerequisite requirements, although education in the fields of geomatics, land surveying, topography or forestry will be considered an asset.
- Available to work for periods of 10 to 15 days in remote regions in the Province of Quebec;
- Valid driver’s license, an asset.
- Manual skills
- Methodic, meticulous and precise
- Team work skills
- Ability to work outdoors
- Good communicator
- Capacity to find possible solutions and to take decisions
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Specific training for the software and tools used for all projects
- Opportunity to work for a company where employee development and well-being is a prime consideration
- Project-specific health and safety training
- Advancement opportunities
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- The use of corporate vehicles for work
- Corporate work clothing