- Salary: To be discussed
- Employment Duration: Temporary, full time
- Date Published: February 2, 2018
- Location: Across Québec
Effigis, renowned leader in the georeferencial inventory of telecommunications and energy network infrastructures, as well as the inspection and structural inventory of wooden poles, is currently seeking candidates to support its activities in Québec and Ontario.
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 170 seasoned professionals and technicians. Talents and passion among our geomaticians, engineers, programmers, surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
The job consists of conducting the visual inspection of wooden poles:
- Daily travel for fieldwork (in a car or on foot) to the network locations;
- Conduct a visual inspection of the wooden poles;
- Take measurements with the help of an optical rangefinder (laser);
- Make conclusions regarding the structure’s general quality through the help of software;
- Treat (drill and insert fungicide) the wooden poles if necessary;
- May involve additional related tasks.
- No previous experience required
- No prerequisite requirements
- Manual skills
- Methodic, meticulous and precise
- Team work skills
- Ability to work outdoors
- Good communicator
- Specific training for the software and tools used for all projects
- Project-specific health and safety training
- Advancement opportunities
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- The use of corporate vehicles
- Corporate work clothing